Though it is a strangely addictive hobby, metal detecting is a fun mix of treasure hunting and old world discoveries. With each story that you hear, you get a special thrill of excitement that the thought of digging up a rare historic coin or treasure. Each discovery of these treasures can be an amazing history of the area you are searching and you never know what might turn up next.
It is therefore essential to choose the right metal detectors for the level of experience you have and the type of treasure hunting you have planned, so you need to ask yourself a few questions like:
- How often will you be hunting?
- Where will you be hunting?
- How much experience do you have?
- What will you be searching for?
- How much do you want to spend?
There are a lot of factors that go into choosing the right metal detectors which can be vital to enjoying and successful with your hunting hobby. Before choosing a metal detector for your treasure hunting mission, consider the following factors:
- Metal detector type– Using the right type of metal detector for a particular terrain will improve your chances of finding your treasure. For instance, when looking for treasures along the beach, use a beach metal detector or a coin metal detector for old and historic coins.
- Metal detector technology-The type of technology used in your metal detector is a major factor that will contribute to its capability of finding treasure metals. While some have larger or small coils, it is prudent that you find high-quality detectors.
- Object size-The bigger the size of the object or the larger the size of the metal component in the object, the easier it is to detect considering that most metal detectors have the capability of detecting metals to a depth of 8 to 12 inches below the ground.
- Interference-This can take place in different forms. For instance, naturally occurring minerals beneath the ground, metal pipes, cables, natural conductors and power lines can interfere with the signal from your metal detector. It is therefore important to choose the right metal detector meant for a specific metal to avoid interference by objects beneath the ground.
There is a lot to know when it comes to choosing metal detectors that one cannot just know especially if it is your first time. It is therefore advisable to seek assistance from experts or visit Metal Detector Town where lots of different metal detectors are sold